The Western Waterfront Master Plan will connect our community to the Waterfront and create more opportunities for recreation, as well as improving pedestrian and bicycle access.
The plan proposes:
- improved public access to the waterfront
- expanded recreation options along the waterfront
- extensive public open spaces that provide physical and visual connections to Lake Ontario with beaches, parks, and natural areas
- enhanced cohesiveness of the public realm
- north-south pedestrian and cyclist crossings
- enhancements to the Martin Goodman Trail
- expanded beaches with improved water quality
- more opportunities for water-based recreation
At Council, I requested an updated report and implementation plan for the Western Waterfront Master Plan and will continue to champion a renewed vision for pedestrian and cyclist access to our waterfront.